A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS
Just sharing a few thoughts from my notes (rather indecipherable)…
as inspired by a sermon from Bobby Schuller on the Hour of Power
Sunday 13 Feb
enjoy and be inspired
Jesus came into the world to show us what God is like. Jesus reveals what God, The Father is like… and YOU can (and choose to) reveal (in society’s eyes) what Jesus is like. That’s His expectation. You represent Jesus…today.
Jesus had a uniquely close and intimate relationship with God, the Father
(“I am what God is like”)
see Matthew 11: 25-30 *
* a defining verse in Jesus’ ministry (together with John 3:16,17)
“You are the light of the world… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
– Matthew 5: 14-16 (NKJV)
HOW do you do that?
In other words, how to live your life by following the example of Jesus Christ?
* help others
* help heal and comfort the wounded of society and our own wounds will be healed
* be hospitable and kind
* make people feel included and that they belong somewhere
* listen to peoples concerns and worries – really care
* remember, it’s not your achievements that count, but the difference you make in people’s lives
* learn and grow (continually) along life’s journey
“Giant strides start with small steps”
Just do what is right and (like a moth) be drawn to that light
“Love guides us into holiness.”
You can be a light shining in the darkness of the world.
Shine your own bright light on humanity!